Sunday, September 20, 2009

When I was young I also had to live of something..

Today, walking from Gellert to my place, I came across an art exhibition in the Dorottya gallery: All you can eat 100 forint and I entered by curiosity.


My weekend was concentrated on breathing so I continued with that while enjoying excellent Indian spicy food and homemade energy drink. I was also breathing while watching Simpson in Hungarian and talking with the artist cooking the food and with the man who was documenting the exhibition.

Breathing and eating clearly have something in common. Breathing is needed to survive, and the way we breath will have an impact on how we survive. The same is true for food - eating is also needed to survive and what and how we eat will also have an impact on how we survive.


When I was young I also had to live of something

At the exhibition, all visitors got food full of art and art full of food for the small price of 100 forints (not even 5 kronor, 5o eurocent) - and we all, independent of age, have to live of something, right? and we also have to live for something.

During two weeks, the two young artists are having new exhibitions continuously. One day is vernissage, then finissage the day after and it goes on like that with something new every third day. On Tuesday 19.19, I'll try to go there again for the new exhibition.

2 comments:

  1. Yes you are so right! I still have to learn how to eat and how to breath and that is how to live! But just drop by an exhibition that you didnt know of and had not planned is charming. You have not built up any expactations (wrongly spellt I guess) and you can just take it in. love to you from me

    ReplyDelete
  2. a good thing with practicing yoga is to learn how to be conscious in the present - to be there and to be aware while breathing, while eating, while going to exhibitions or simply to be there and aware while living.. me too, I still have much to learn..

    ReplyDelete