Friday, September 4, 2009

szerviz or the pleasure to go to the dentist

Szerviz is one of the few words that is similar in Hungarian and Swedish and theoretically it should have the same meaning. However in practice it is quite different; where ever you expect to receive a service here, (shop, post office, the baths, etc) you can instead expect a completely bored and unpolite person doing as little as possible to help. Ok, there may be some language barriers and cultural misunderstanding, but most Hungarians would tell the same. However, in this big beautiful city there are exceptions - my mission to find them! Little by little I'm discovering different places for different needs.

One of those places that I like very much is the dentist, I went there earlier this week. In addition to being professional, my dentist has two main features; being friendly and cheap. Interestingly it always costs the same; no matter what he fix or not fix - I always pay 10000 forints. Thinking of it, it's a good deal; 10000 for healthy and clean teeth including the reminder that it is actually possible to get good and friendly service in Hungary.

Some people are scared to go to the dentist, it is normal - quite often it's at least a little painful. However, me I’m not scared, I actually like it and moreover I’m impressed..:) At least my dentist seems to know what he is doing; dealing with all those cables and instruments in a very confident way. The cooperation between the nurse and the dentist is also fascinating, even without speaking they know what the other will do in a prefect harmonized way. Amazing.

So if you ever need one or if you are scared or find it expensive to go to the dentist, visit Hamid! He is a cool guy with friendly eyes doing a good job for a very good price. What more to ask from a dentist?

3 comments:

  1. I liked the sentens "friendly eyes" because you always see the eyes of a dentist, "cheap" is an other nice word according to dentists, a lovely town to explore and to see YOU that´s a lot of reasons to go to my favorite out of Sweden town, BUDAPEST! love from K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyckliga du som hittat en serviceminded person att ta hand om dina tänder och det är nog en rolig hobby att leta upp det som man vill ha och trivs med, pappa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know!! friendly eyes is a big asset for a dentist..:)

    och pappa, it's indeed very great when you find it - less good every time they are rude to me.. but yeah a good hobby!

    ReplyDelete