Thursday, October 1, 2009

musical energies

Earlier this week I went by metro to work, and the man next to me was listening to some very loud aggressive hard rock which I must say disturbed my morning peace at least partly, hehe I'm realising when writing this that I sound a bit old but that is not the point I wanted to make here not now..:)

Instead I wanted to write about how it made me think of how much music is a part of our identity or how we express our identity, how much it influence us and affects our mood and well being and is full of messages. Music is a carrier of memories like a box of forgotten or hidden feelings that appears with the tunes of a special melody. And it is also interesting how music can speak to us even when when we don't know the language of the lyrics

I wonder how this man felt taking out the earplugs.. but maybe it was still better than the other noise pollution in a big city. I don't know. I also wonder what that music told him, what added value it gave him but these are secrets I will not get to know. His facial expression didn't help me to guess

At my yoga I discovered so much beautiful music, perfect for meditation but not only, it's good for almost any occasion (ok, reservation for wild parties..:) and especially for mornings and evenings and stressful moments at work.

To bring some of the peace I found at the yoga with me home I decided to buy a special CD that I learnt to like a lot at the course and at the English part of the website http://www.satnam-versand.de I discovered some other nice sound samples with musical energies that I am enjoying since then. Maybe you will like it too

4 comments:

  1. Yes that is interesting, I mean what people listen to and when! And I also think teenage years influence a lot on what you are listening to. So what you listen to is telling how old you are? Is that right? love from me to you Kersti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think what you are listening to is telling anything about the age, but more about who you are (or want to be..?) don't you think so? and in one age you want to someone and in another someone else until you sooner or later realize that you are you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Bodil that what you listen to is closely linked to who you are and not how old you are. However, I have also observed that people often/sometimes get 'frozen' in the past regarding their musical tastes and somehow become impermeable to new music. And then, involuntarily your music taste defines your age and that is a pity.

    I think there is a big personal responsibility to oneself in the choice of music one listens (like in the choice of books) as we are voluntarily surrendering our senses (and minds) to a certain influence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting, and probably true not only for music taste but for many things. We think we have a clear opinion on things, but we forget that we grow and change (and partly under influence of music, if we are just open to it). And there is no need to stick only to things we use to like just by laziness.

    Oh, I agree but not only to a certain influence. I think the power of symbols including music, colors and pictures has huge impact on us. So we better make sure that we are surrounded by positive things, sound and even people :)

    ReplyDelete