Friday, December 25, 2009

What Santa brings..

I tried to introduce a gift free Christmas this year or at least to limit consumption. Early in October I wrote an email to my family to propose different solutions – such as only giving one, to collect money for a common trip, etc etc.. Maybe I should have written directly to Santa Claus because finally we were having gifts :) Maybe a bit fewer, but all so very nice and thought through!

The best of the best, was the dress made in silk that my sister had knitted for me. I almost cried of happiness when I saw what she had prepared for me.

Designed by K.

Other nice gifts
I will not list all the gifts, but just mention a few because even if I wrote they were fewer there were still quite a lot :)

My sister brought yarn from Argentina, which was also a very nice gift for my other sister and mother. They are very creative so I'm sure they will make something nice out of it. There were also other very nice handmade things in wood prepared by my sister's boyfriend.

I was most pleased with the gift I had for little V. It was a handmade train, not made by me but from the Christmas market in Budapest. It was very nice and also pedagogic and he seemed to like it, and his mother did as well...:)


So I was receiving so nice gifts, that mine, even if they were selected in India felt a bit poor.. :) So for next year, I will not propose not to have gifts. It's so nice to find out what to give, and to see the happiness of the one who receives it. So, next year I'll also make my own gifts at least some of them. If people only get half as happy as I got, it's already great!

4 comments:

  1. Yes,the dress was really nice on Bodil. And Karo was wearing one of her other handknitted dresses, so sweet and nice. I like presents but I can give a present any time of the year! love from me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is absolutely beautiful, but then your sister also is one of the most creative persons I know :)

    /Liv

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can not know what joy it is to prepare and organsize and give gifts and since you live so far away in a country with a unreliable postsystem its so nice to give to you when we see you, means sometimes christmas and sometimes around the year...thanks for all your thoughtful gifts, i am sure we all enjoy them when we will wear them or having our pollen spreads...love K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bodil your gifts were terrific!!! love the scarf in cashmere that I got from you and the exíting pollen for my filmjölk:) I also love that the gifts came from all over the globe, Huskvarna, Torpa, India, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Trollbäcken, JK&V's basement, and Hässleholm more...

    ReplyDelete