Sunday, December 6, 2009

Angelic cooking

I admire people who knows how to cook well.

A very good friend once told me that love is one of the most important ingredients when cooking. I totally agree, love and attention is absolutely needed to succeed in the kitchen. This also goes very well with what I'm currently learning with the yoga; to be present in the present and to enjoy what you are doing in the moment.

Angelic cooking course
I have realised how good food is very important to feel good. It helps to stay healthy and it is also so great to enjoy a good dinner together with friends. I have the love and attention to put into my cooking but I thought it could be also useful to get some inspiration and useful tips for cooking. So, I signed up for a reform cooking course. It's always so nice to learn new things, and to learn something useful and tasty which even looks nice is even better.

The very best thing with the course is that I get inspiration for every day cooking and I again found the great pleasure of cooking! Finally it is actually not that hard to prepare good healthy food and it is relaxing to take the time to eat at home.


We only cook vegetarian dishes, including fish which suits me perfectly. The teacher is really great and I feel so inspired every time! She gives us tips on cooking and also where we can find ingredients in Budapest.


Small useful tips on how the best way to get out the bones from Salmon fillets

The menu is very varied and yesterday we learnt to make:

Grean beans, stuffed salmon, Fennel and Avocado cream - yummie yummie!

Creative cooking
She makes us discover new things, and her attitude to cooking is very relaxed and creative. Also the most simply things becomes really tasty. She is not a slave under receipts but flexible and a really good attitude to food! It is more about take what you have, but make sure to have quality products at home. Yesterday we also made some kind of "bags" as the we had some fish filling left over from the fish dish and the filo pastry - so very tasty and also pretty!



what a simple but good idea: tasty bags with fish filling


Not only cooking but also learning Hungarian
It is also a good practice in Hungarian. The teacher speaks good English but as I'm the only foreigner, she explains everything in Hungarian and translates some parts for me. Maybe I miss a few things, but I don't mind at all. I also understand while we are cooking and I learn both how to cook and some Hungarian at the same time.. :) I get the receipts English and in Hungarian which has the good advantage that I can bring it to the market while doing my shopping and easily get exactly what I need.


Enjoying all tasty things we prepared

When I tell people that I attend a cooking course the reactions are different, but always positive. And, I guess I don't have to tell that I really suggest to attend a cooking course!

Later I'll post the receipts here on the blog to share some culinary inspiration

4 comments:

  1. I think I will enjoy some of these dishes for X-mas but I doubt that I will learn so much Hungarian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes for sure, I'm also looking forward to make some of it when I come home, I'm quite sure you will like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you are taking this cooking class. The only thing about cooking is that you have to do some shopping. And I hate waiting in line in the big supermarkets. But I realised this weekend that I liked shopping in the little shops with character and market places way and way better!!

    The item that I miss though ,on the cooking class menu list is : the extremely-delicious-triple-star-dutch-sandwiches. But I guess that is for the advance cooking class :)

    Doei, Michiel

    ReplyDelete
  4. shopping at market is a pleasure!

    but the supermarkets, I cannot stand them. It's not only the line that is bothering me, but the atmosphere, the light, the noise and all people filling their baskets constantly. Some people can spend hours there, but I always feel dizzy coming out of there even after a short time. And most times I didn't buy what I needed but some other strange things...

    ReplyDelete