Monday, December 7, 2009

Stuffed Salmon Fillet with Creamed Avocado

So, as promised in the last blog post Angelic cooking, I'll post the receipts so that you can also try! First one will be the Stuffed Salmon Fillet with Creamed Avocado. It was really really tasty and not difficult at all. Some of the photos repeat from the previous post as I'm speaking about the same yummie stuff. The receipt should be for 6 people.


Ingredients:
350 g white fish
150-200 g ground, skinned almonds
100 cream cheese (philadelphia or similar)
juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
1tbsp. chopped fresh parsley and chives
4 tbsp. light olive oil
2 5 inch pieces of salmon fillets
1 leek
salt, pepper

For the creamed avocado:
1 large avocado
salt, pepper, lemon juice
100 cream cheese
1 glove pressed garlic


How to make the fish:
Puré the white fish with the ground almonds, cream cheese, lemon grind and juice, green herbs, salt and pepper and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Season the salmon fillets and sandwich them together with the white fish mixture. Cut long strings from the leak and use them to tie the fish parcel together. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tbsp. of olive oil on top and bake in a moderate oven for about 40 minutes.

Take out the bones in the salmon fillet with a pair of tweezers - one of the small little tips I learnt at my cooking course...:)

..and how to make the avocado cream
Skin the avocado and discard the pip. Mix the flesh with salt, pepper, a little lemon juice, garlic and cream cheese. Serve with the fish.

Enjoy!!! It's really really yummie - trust me!!



We ate it with Green bean salad and baked Fennel with Parmesan. I'll post these receipts little later

and if you have some filo pastry at home, you can easily prepare the little bags we made with the left overs of the white fish. They looked quite pretty, and it was sooo tasty!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely food! I can se that salmon dish be cooked in my kitchen, by two nice girls while I lean back in the soffa, knitting and playing with little "boy with the stars in his eyes"! Nice, and a realy dish! Thanks my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) oki, I think that can be done.. I'm sure you will like it a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ai ai ai, that sounds just absolutely yummie!! Too bad we didnt get to make this recipe:( I guess I have to try and make it myself. And avocado is just simply one of my favorite (ok, together with mango) Just reading the recipe and looking at the photos makes me already hungry! I can't wait:)

    Doei, Michiel

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe, didn't I tell you about the delicious fish. Too bad you had to choose between salmon dinner and the thermal bath...:)

    but try it! it's easy, just follow the instructions above.. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, maybe it is a good idea to have a stuffed salmon dinner served, while enjoying a hot thermal bath:)

    ReplyDelete