Sunday, April 18, 2010

back to nature


Lately I have such a strong need to be closer to nature, and to enjoy the simple things in life. What a great timing with the Volcano and the ash cloud - I was not planning to go anywhere far away. With my good dose of exciting traveling recently, I want to be here for a little while and maybe even better appreciate the nearby beauty now.


Writing this, my cheeks are still warm from today’s sun and my hands are friendly smelling of soil,. My feet look still a bit dirty even after shower but they appreciated so much today to be in sandals at the country side so they are excused for being little black..:)


After a very rainy and cold week, Ms. Spring came to Hungary just in time for the weekend, so we and some other good friends went to Csákvár for the day. I have many sunny memories from there, and a Sunday like this it was where I needed to go; sunny spring weather, friends, planting, bird watching, fresh air, noisy frogs, and a good pick-nick. Some outdoor work, a walk, some talking, small jokes and some silence in peaceful environment. May I share my day with you?













the neighbours are of course there. this year I better understand Hungarian so I realise how many bad words they are using speaking to each other. Anyhow, in a strange way they seem to like each other.



























I guess I don't have to add that I like to spend my Sunday like this..

2 comments:

  1. All this remeber me of when I was a young girl and we had a summer house. Of course we had to go there and clean up, take out the linen, do some lawn cutting, burn all the dry tree that had died during the winter. But afterwards I still find it marvellous with the smell of springtime! And your nice pictures reminded me of all this. And I can also long for a time long ago, with people that has gone (not always dead, sometimes just lost contact) Love to you Bodil who gives us all this wonderful pictures and reflexions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is something special with spring, I know the feeling you are speaking about..

    ReplyDelete