Thursday, April 8, 2010

from Greenland to India...

In March my work took me to Greenland and India, and I also went for a family weekend in Stockholm and even managed to see a friend in Malmö. It was all in the same trip, and I'm still trying to understand where I have been and what I have seen... such a crazy trip :)

"So how was your trip?"

This would be the most common question when coming back home after a long trip. My quick answer this time was "oh absolutely wonderful". With a little bit more of time, there is of course much more to be said.... for a trip so full of contrasts and so rich and intense in all kind of ways. How to tell about India and Greenland at the same time?? One by one, or comparing, focusing on the differences or maybe even finding the similarities? the weather, the food, the culture, the religion, the silence and the noise, the space and the crowd of people and the smells and the tastes, the sun and the stars, the people and the animals, the colors and all the feelings and thoughts that all this trigger – where to start describing all this?


In words...

One day I was the little sister/youngest daughter/cousin being home for my birthday party, the next day I was an expert giving lectures and advices. Half the trip I spent in minus 20 degrees and the other half in plus 30 – imaging how my luggage looked like...:) I saw icebergs and northern light, temples, beautiful coffee places and small fishing boats. I travelled by helicopter and went dog sledging in Greenland and by train and auto richa in India. I laid down on an iceberg and I swam in the Arabic sea. I ate French fries for 10 days and then curry for the following 10 days. I met all kind of people, and so many were so nice and interesting, maybe that can also be another blog post.... My body and mind lost completely track of space and time but I think I suffered mostly from jetlag and cultural shock once I came back to Budapest – but then I did it for quite some time and maybe I still do... :)


and in pictures...

So, even if I don't know how to tell about it all, I have such a big need of sharing so let’s start slooowly with some pictures..:)




Boat trip among icebergs - Ilulissat


Boat trip in the backwater - Trivandrum

Fishing boat in Greenland


Fishing boat - South India


Church -Nuuk


Church on the beach - Trivandrum


Cottage Ilulissat

Park in Chandigarh

5 comments:

  1. I really like the post. I find it is such a good idea to compare the same artifacts between such different geographies. Maybe I am missing some analysis but like that you leave it up to the reader to spot the differences.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good examples of differences and what is alike, especially good in the pictures. I hope you now will have a nice time in your home town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes really how to get hold on all your impressions and cultural diffrences. To be little sister and a adviser within the same week, and snow and ice, green, sun and heat at the other hand. We look forward to follow your impressions of your yourneys during the spring. Please take your time but please let us take part. love from Kersti

    ReplyDelete
  4. .. yes, leaving it up to you to see the differences but also some similarities..

    I'm happy you liked the post! When I feel inspired I'll try to write some more..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Bodil, go on ! It is a nice post, furthermore original, by the medley of professional and leisure journey, in the same time, in different places. And your pictures smell the great air !

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete