Friday, January 15, 2010

baked fennel with Parmesan

I keep promising to post the receipts that I like from my cooking course.. so tonight it's about fennel. If you would have asked me if I liked fennel just a couple of month ago, I would quite surely had answered that I don't know.

I guess fennel belongs to a forgotten group of vegetables. When I bought it in Sweden, the guy in the supermarket couldn't find the price-code for it, and he even told me: it such a rare case that somebody buys this...:)

Anyway, there is a very simple way of preparing fennel, and it's really delicious. So far I served it together with the salmon that I wrote about in another blog post. Maybe someone has some other ideas on what else it could fit with?


Baked fennel with Parmesan

What you need

2 fennel heads, salt and pepper, Parmesan and some olive oil.

How to make it
Wash the fennel, cut the heads in half and remove the middle part. Slice them thickly and sprinkle with some olive oil. Cover with aluminum folio, and bake it until soft in medium hot oven. Add the Parmesan and bake for another 5 minutes.

Serve immediately and enjoy!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Fennel is such a good thing. You didn't write 'fennel avec amour' but I guess readers should already assume this by default.

    It's high time I start cooking your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I thought so...:)

    and try try, and let me know if you discover something else this fennel-Parmesan goes well with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant say I like fennel exactly! But your recipe is very delicious! Now I wait for next session on the cooking course!
    love Kersti

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is fennel?Please give the swedish and hungarian word for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fennel in Swedish would be fänkål, and in Hungarian édeskömény. didn't think of taking a photo of the vegetable...:(

    ReplyDelete